The island location offers excellent sailing and watersports, including wind surfing and also has superb kite surfing beaches.
Tuition and equipment hire can be obtained through mersea-island-watersports.co.uk.
The waterfront / anchorage offers a variety of restaurants and places to eat. Mersea is famous for its Native Oysters, which have been praised by both Jamie Oliver and Rick Stein and featured in their programmes.
Places to Eat
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Mersea also has its own vineyard and wine and beer are brewed on site and available in the cafe.
Mersea Events & Activities
- Weekly Sunday carboot sale at Waldergraves – Easter to October
- Food, Drink and Leisure Festival at Mersea Vineyard
- Beer Festival at the Vineyard
- West Mersea Town Regatta
- Mersea Week
- Round the Island Race
- Oyster Dredging Match
- Boxing Day Swim
All year round
- Paddle Boarding
- Wind surfing and Kite surfing
- Bird watching and walking at Cudmore Grove Country Park